Saturday, February 18, 2012

Norton Internet Security 2005 Home Protection Pack - 3 Users Review

Norton Internet Security 2005 Home Protection Pack - 3 Users
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Having read the reviews on Amazon, I went against everything logical, and ordered 4 licenses of NIS for computers at my place of work. You see, I've been a loyal customer of Norton Antivirus/Firewall for the last several years, and have always been happy with the product.
Alas, I should have known better. One of the machines that I attempted to install this abomination on crashed 3-4 times during the installation, and a couple of times during the consequent Live Update session. Another machine (mine) crashed once or twice during Live Update. Additionally, I spent almost an entire day trying to get SSL to work over SMTP. The traditional approach has been to disable scanning of outgoing messages. Apparently, Symantec doesn't think that's good enough, as even with outgoing mail filtering disabled, SSL over SMTP fails miserably. I've disabled the firewall, "AntiSpam", "Antivirus", even the entire suite, trying to get SSL/SMTP to work - to no avail. Some component of this asinine product keeps interfering with mail transportation - I know this, because even with all the components disabled Norton complains (with popup windows) about a "secure email connection which is not supported".
I've turned symantec.com upside-down - there's absolutely nothing about this, anywhere - short of the (useless) "disable outgoing email scans". And yet, everything was fine only moments ago, with NIS 2003.
I've now uninstalled 2005 from one of the computers - that one is fine now (though unprotected). I'm throwing this pile of garbage out tomorrow - I already have my copy of NIS 2003 to replace it with.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton Internet Security 2005 Home Protection Pack - 3 Users



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Norton Internet Security 2005 Home Protection Pack - 3 Users

0 comments:

Post a Comment