Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)You have a choice to make when you install internet security software. Some products wrap your laptop in a secure fortress. That's great, as long as you don't mind waiting for your browser to load. Every. time. Some products are faster, but they leave you with some doubt. When will I get the cornficker?
For people that want to risk it and go more quickly, it is possible to just buy one anti-virus program and then run the Window firewall. That isn't entirely a bad idea, particularly if you are using a router. If you are on a modem or some kind of dial-up, with no buffer between your computer and the outside world, then you need more. If you are going to use your laptop at an internet cafe, you probably need to err on the safe side, as well.
I run CA at work. It is very slow. The other day, my CA firewall blocked me from accessing our share drive. I wouldn't even dare to use the program that puts content safeguards in place in order to protect children. It makes it virtually impossible to get anything done.
WebRoot says that it is designed to accomplish both, giving its users plenty of defense against bad guys while letting your computer run at an acceptable pace.
Webroot has a firewall, anti-virus, privacy protection, and a password encryption program. I use LastPass, a free password producer, at work. Everyone should have one. Webroot has one.
I would say that Webroot leans a bit more on the secure side. Since I use my laptop when I travel, it is a good fit. I am glad to not be using CA on my home computer. Some people tell me that I should go with Norton.
What I like: They've thrown in some identity protection as well.
What I don't like: this software takes a long time to load.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Webroot Internet Security Complete 3-User
Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011--protecting all that is you.
Webroot Internet Security Complete is the first security product of its kind. Designed to protect without slowing down your computer, it not only blocks threats like viruses, spyware, and spam, it also protects the things you care most about online: your identity, privacy, and personal files--no matter where you connect.
Access your My Webroot account from any browser. View larger.
Click here for more information about Webroot Internet Security Complete 3-User
0 comments:
Post a Comment