Friday, March 30, 2012

Norton GoBack 4.0 Review

Norton GoBack 4.0
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I recently loaded GoBack 4 on my 2.8 GHz P4 with 1 gig of ram and SATA hard drive. It's a really fast XP Pro SP1 machine that I keep free of spyware, malware, viruses, unnecessary services; in short, degunked. GoBack dramatically slowed down my machine when running Adaware and Spybot SD. Also, after NAV 2002 scanned, the hard drive was in use for about an hour afterwards with, once again, a dramatic decline in performance. When used with other applications there was a noticable slow down. When two applications were running simultaneously performance degradations were worse. In addition, as noted by others, Symantec's support ranks with the worst.
I suspect it does a great job with recovery. I disabled it before I used that function. I get viruses extremely infrequently. If my antivirus software doesn't repair the problem, I format the hard drive and reload. I back up my important data to Zip discs or an external hard drive frequently and religiously.
If you are looking for a backup solution and don't mind a significant performance penalty, this program is one possibility. It's unfortunate that mainstream PC mags continue to highly recommend Symantec products without mentioning the consistent, serious problems noted by a high percentage of users. I have and will continue to vigorously avoid all Symantec products

Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton GoBack 4.0

Norton GoBack 4.0 handles PC troubles by rolling back your system to a healthy state. Retrieve deleted files, recover data in an emergency and take care of maintenance & troubleshooting. Recovering curcial information has never been easier! Retrieve deleted files easily -- even if they've been overwritten

Buy NowGet 44% OFF

Click here for more information about Norton GoBack 4.0

0 comments:

Post a Comment