Monday, December 19, 2011

Norton Utilities 2002 Review

Norton Utilities 2002
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I purchased Norton Utilities hoping that it would help speed up my system. After installing it, I went throught the one click system performance update. This feature is suppose to clean up your system registry and delete unnecessary files. After my system rebooting I couldn't get into any programs. I assumed that I did something wrong and went on Symantec's website (I had to use my computer at work.) Much to my surprise Symantec has virutally no technical support. All installation problems are "typically" listed in their search engine called KnowledgeWare. If you can't find resolution to your issue on KnowledgeWare you can leave a message on their bulletin board and a tech will get back to you. Before buying this product and do yourself a favor and check out their bulletin board. Their are hundreds of messages with people with systems in varing degrees of failures. The response that I received was "We are very sorry for your problems with Norton Utilties. Please restall your programs one by one. That should solve the issue." Instead I reinstalling 30+ programs, I was forced to call their tech support to see if there was any other way to resolve my problem. Symantec offers phone technical support only if you pay them an additional $25 per incident. On the phone the technician admitted that yes this was a common problem with the Utilities program. Sometimes it deletes important registry files and recommended never using it. Luckily we were able to restore a previous registry and my system came back up.
The bottom line is that this program has extremely dangerous functions that can destroy your system. The most disappointing result was Symantec failed to stand by their product. Even though they admitted the problem was caused by their program I could not receive a refund for technical support. I have sold Technology products for over 12 years and have never experienced the total lack of support from a company before. In my opinion, I would NOT purchase this product since there are many other competitors that sell similar products that will support the end user better if issues arise.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton Utilities 2002

Clean out Internet buildup with Norton CleanSweep from Symantec. Its powerful tools improve your PCs performance by removing unwanted programs and other files that waste disk space. Internet Sweep cleans away the clutter accumulated by Web surfing, including cookies that track your Internet activities. Fast & Safe Cleanup automatically removes files you no longer need, while Safety Sweep prevents the accidental deletion of critical files. The Uninstall Wizard guides you safely step by step through removing old programs. Now Windows XP users can also enjoy the benefits of this award-winning program. Trust Norton CleanSweep 2002 for safe, easy, complete hard drive cleanup.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Norton Utilities 2002

0 comments:

Post a Comment