Friday, December 9, 2011

Norton Save and Restore V2.0 Review

Norton Save and Restore V2.0
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I have two LAN connected PC's and backup critical data frequently. My goal was to purchase a software package that would allow me to backup the entire contents of both PC's to an external USB hard drive. This capability would enable me to restore either individual files or the entire contents of either PC in the event of loss of an internal hard drive or a file corruption problem.
My research of backup software packages found that most were extremely expensive and did far more than the actual backup and restore capability that I needed. The one exception was Norton's Save and Restore program. I downloaded the 30-day trial version and installed it on both PC's.
Norton's Save and Restore package is highly configurable and enabled me to save full images of the C: (current software and data) and D: (original PC software) drives to the external drive. Additionally, the package allows me to select specific directories (e.g. My Documents, Desktop, etc) that can also be included in the backup. Various frequency-of-backup options are supported including daily, weekly, and monthly backups. I have configured the application on both PCs to do complete backups on a weekly basis and backups of the My Documents directory on a daily basis.
The package also provides support for a wide variety of backup destinations including USB External Hard Drives, CD, and DVD devices. I have been using an External 500GB USB drive for backups. The backups occur transparently on both PC's as long as Windows NT is available on both systems. (Norton Save and Restore also supports other Windows platforms including Vista.) The only manual operation I perform is to occasionally check to ensure that the backups took place successfully. Norton provides extensive status information both in graphical format and old fashion log files for you to check.
The only disappointment I experienced was that I could not backup both PC's from a Save and Restore program located on one PC. Two separate versions of the program are required to backup the two PC's. All things considered this is a minor problem. Given the cost of a single copy, even the purchase of two copies is considerably cheaper than most of the other packages available.
I recommend consideration of this package to anyone interested in simply backing up and restoring data without a lot of extra bells and whistles.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton Save and Restore V2.0

Safeguards and backs up photos and important files. Protect your valuable files from damage or system failures.Protect what you care about. Automatically back up and recover everything on your computer with Norton Save & Restore. You get all the protection of Symantec's award-winning Norton Ghost software plus new faster ways to save the items that are most important to you. Norton Save & Restore safeguards your family's irreplaceable photos and videos key financial records and essential computer system files. GeneralVersion:2.0Distribution Media:CD-ROMSystem Requirements / OS Required:Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate Windows XP Home/XP Pro/XP Media Center EditionUNSPSC CodeUNSPSC Code:43233415Product IDUPC:037648339858Manufacturer Part:11486757

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Norton Save and Restore V2.0

0 comments:

Post a Comment