Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I purchased this bundled as I am quite familar with Ghost, and love it's awesome multimedia help tutorials.
I got it for Partition Magic because I like the graphical user interface, and find that it works quite well. I have been a customer ever since version 3.0 (back in the days of OS/2, multiple DOS operating systems, UnixWare, NeXTSTEP).
As I use a variety of operating systems for testing, web authoring, and development (ranging from Windows XP/2K/2K3 to various distros of Linux like Debian and SuSE), I thought this would be a great product to partition and backup those partitions, without the need to re-install the OS.
However, much to my horror, there's an artificial limitation to Partition Magic, that prevents it from operating or installing when there's an existing server-oriented Windows OS installed on any partition.
I think this is downright deceitful and unethical, as they are trying to force customer to buy their excessively expensive enterprise variety of the software, which seems to be no longer sold under the Symantec umbrella.
Be cautious when considering this product bundle.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton Ghost 9.0 and Partition Magic 8.0 Bundle
The Ghost 9 / PartitionMagic 8 Bundle is the most reliable way to manage your hard drive information. Use Ghost 9 to create an exact duplicate of the drive, including the boot sector and hidden files -- even after a complete system crash. The advanced Recovery Disc tool does more than any backup tool, for better and easier restoration. PartitionMagic 8.0 improves your hard drive's performance by managing your partitions more effectivelyManage your files and create hidden partitionsSelect which OS to operate on when you reboot by using PQBoot No rebooting required when enlarging an NTFS partitionSupport for partitions up to 160GB -- plus support for Linux Ext3 partitions, as well as USB and FireWire Full support for NTFS file systems
Click here for more information about Norton Ghost 9.0 and Partition Magic 8.0 Bundle
0 comments:
Post a Comment