Friday, September 9, 2011

Norton Utilities for Mac 8.0 Review

Norton Utilities for Mac 8.0
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Despite much info on the Symantec site indicating version 8.0 is ready for Panther, it's actually quite worthless. Sure, you can use "Live Update" to install the 8.0.1 update that supposedly supports Panther (10.3.x), but that's of little use since both Disk Doctor and Speed Disk are worthless when run from the startup volume (the only place thay can be installed).
Therefore, the "emergency" startup CD becomes an ultra-critical item for this utility since you'll need it whenever you want to optimize your startup disk. Yet there are no instructions anywhere on their site on how to make a new "emergency" startup CD. The version 8.0.0 startup CD WILL NOT work with Panther's journaled file system.
As an added "bonus", Symantec has included a disk move/copy utility that is very dangerous. I tried to back up my system onto another partition using it. The first thing you'll notice, other than the sub-shareware appearance and total lack of any tooltips or help, is that there's no status or progress indication whatsoever. Worse still, I found out later that it had only copied 8 GB of my 23 GB of files. I'm glad I noticed that before I relied on the backed-up files!
I would give this package zero stars if that were an option! Don't buy this utility!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton Utilities for Mac 8.0

Optimizes performance and solves problems easilyAll components are now Mac? OS X nativeWipe InfoTM permanently removes sensitive informationYou can schedule Speed DiskTM defragmentations to run at a time of your choice

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Norton Utilities for Mac 8.0

0 comments:

Post a Comment