Friday, September 30, 2011

Norton SystemWorks/Personal Firewall 2004 Bundle Review

Norton SystemWorks/Personal Firewall 2004 Bundle
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I am running Windows XP SP 1 on a machine with a 2.26 GHz P4 and 1 GB of physical memory.
This morning I installed the Norton SystemWorks 2004/Personal Firewall 2004 bundle. This is the one that has the $30 rebate coupon.
WARNING: GoBack is TOXIC!
DO NOT install GoBack under any circumstances! It will cause your machine to go into an infinite loop in which it repeatedly reboots itself. Perhaps there is a way to uninstall whatever is causing this but I have no idea what that is. I gave up and reinstalled the entire system, which took about 4 hours.
If you install everything EXCEPT GoBack, then you will probably be okay. The first time AntiVirus came up, it reported many exceptions. However the first live update appears to have fixed the problem.
SystemWorks and Personal Firewall seem to be working fine now. I have heard of others experiencing many more problems than I did, particularly with SystemWorks Professional Edition.
On my copy it says that the rebate applies to purchases made on or before 31 December 2004. However I have seen old stock where this date is 31 December 2003. I wonder if it is the software in the earlier box that has the problems that other users have reported?

Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton SystemWorks/Personal Firewall 2004 Bundle



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Norton SystemWorks/Personal Firewall 2004 Bundle

0 comments:

Post a Comment