Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)DANGER! DANGER! This software is not ready for primetime, at least on the new PowerMac G4 dual processor computer. I used my Mac seamlessly for 3 weeks. After loading Systemworks my computer freezes regularly and the disk drive I used Disk Doctor on crashes every five days or so (granted Disk Doctor can restore it, but that's still unsatisfactory). I am not the only one having these problems, just go to apple.com support and do a "Systemworks" search under OS X.
The freezes seem to be dependent on time. As the computer runs certain processes begin to slow (connecting to cameras, accessing drives, etc.) then it just freezes, requiring a reboot. This happens rather consistently. It has been suggested as a theory that Filesaver may somehow keep OS X from deleting temp files. The behavior I observe does support some sort of cache or memory over flow (I've got 512 MB so it's not my configuration causing this).
I'm hoping that an uninstall and a reintialization of the affected harddrive will restore me to normal ops. If not, I'll have to reinstall the operating system from scratch...
These are my observations, install this program at your own risk.
PS. The only reason I didn't give it a "1" is my computer did not burst into flames, I'm feeling rather generous today.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Norton Systemworks 2.0 for Mac
Click here for more information about Norton Systemworks 2.0 for Mac
0 comments:
Post a Comment